Type your paragraph here.
- Aiken Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Services, 803-649-1900, www.aikencenter.org
- Aiken Pregnancy Care Center, 803-649-9890, www.lifechoices.org
- Aiken-Barnwell Mental Health Center, 803-641-7700, www.state.sc.us/dmh/ab
- Center for Care and Counseling, 803-641-9979, www.csraccc.org, (Provides counseling, enrichment, and development services.)
- Children's Place, 803-641-4144, www.childrensplaceinc.org (Provides child care and parent services.)
- Christian Counselor Rich Weldon, 803-508-7382
- Community Care and Counseling of Aiken, www.wellness.com, 803-641-9979
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of the CSRA, 800-550-1961,www.greenpath.com, (Branch located in Aiken)
- Aiken County Help Line, 877-648-9900 or dial 211, www.aikenhelpline211.org, (Provides crisis intervention, information and referral.)
- Aiken-Barnwell Mental Health Center, 803-641-4164, www.state.sc.us (Provides help for families dealing with mental illness)
- Palmetto Family Council, 803-733-5600, www.palmettofamily.org (Christian-based SC family advocacy organization located in Columbia)
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program, 803-648-6836, click here, (Provides volunteer opportunities for senior citizens)
- South Carolina Legal Services, 888-346-5592, www.sccej.org (Provides legal service and free representation to qualified applicants in SC)
-- United Way of Aiken County, 803-641-2887, www.uwaiken.org (Supports and provides information about many non-profit help agencies in Aiken County)
Websites With a Variety of Marriage and Family Resources
- The Association for Couples in Marriage Enrichment, 800-634-8325, www.bettermarriages.org.
- Association for Marriage & Family Ministries. Provides resources for churches. www.amfmonline.com
- Families Northwest. A marriage and family advocacy organization located in the Northwest. www.strongerfamilies.org
- Family Dynamics. Provides resources and training conferences. www.familydynamics.net
- Family Life (Dennis Rainey). Provides many resources for marriage and the family. 800-358-6329, www.familylife.com
- First Things First. A marriage and family advocacy organization located in Chattanooga, TN. www.firstthings.org
- Focus on the Family. Provides many resources for marriage and the family. 800-232-6459, www.focusonthefamily
- For Better; For Worse; For Keeps. www.forkeepsministries.com
- Inverse Ministries. Marriage Reconciliation and Enrichment seminars and materials. www.inverseministries.org
- Live the Life Ministries. A marriage and family advocacy organization located in Tallahassee, FL. www.livethelife.org
- Managing Work and Family, Inc. www.mwfam.com
- Marriage Alive International, Inc. David and Claudia Arp's site. Provides many resources. www.marriagealive.com
- Marriage Savers. Provides many resources for marriage and the family. www.marriagesavers.org
- Marriage Today (Jimmy Evans). Provides many resources for marriage and the family. www.marriagetoday.org
- National Center for Fathering. A resource for fathers. www.fathers.com
- National Institute for Marriage. Provides resources, training courses/conferences at their location. A project of Focus on the Family. www.nationalmarriage.com
- PREPARE/ENRICH Marriage Mentor Program, 800-331-1661, www.prepare-enrich.com. A program for those working with premarital and newlywed couples.
- Real Relationships (Les and Leslie Parrott). Excellent materials on mentoring as well as general. www.realrelationships.com
- Smart Marriages. A coalition of marriage and family advocacy organizations. www.smartmarriages.com
Premarital Training and Counseling Materials
- Before "I Do" - K. Jason Krafsky. Contains 8 interactive sections for couples preparing for marriage. For pastors, counselors, small group leaders, and mentor couples. Available at www.FullMarriageExperience.com-Before You Say "I Do" - H. Norman Wright and Wes Roberts. Contains 13 interactive sections for couples preparing for marriage. Primarily for the couples themselves. Available at www.hnormanwright.com
- Before You Say "I Do" - Todd Outcalt. Lists important questions for couples to ask before marriage. Primarily for the couples themselves. Available through most book sources.
- The Complete Guide to Marriage Mentoring - Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott www.realrelationships.com
- Pre-marriage Awareness Inventory: Preparing Couples for Marriage. For pastors, counselors, and mentor couples. Available at www.logosproductions.com
- Marriage Preparation and Enhancement Materials published by PREPARE/ENRICH Life Innovations, Inc. Includes pre and post marital inventory materials as well as other resources. For pastors, counselors, and mentor couples. Available at www.prepare-enrich.com
- Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts - Dr. Les Parrott III and Dr. Leslie Parrott. Discusses seven questions to ask before (and after) marriage. Primarily for the couples themselves. Available through most book sources. www.realrelationships.com
- The Premarital Counseling Handbook - H. Norman Wright. Presents material for six to eight counseling sessions between a couple and a pastor. For pastors, counselors, mentor couples, and the couples planning on getting married. Available through most book sources. www.hnormanwright.com
- Blended Families - Maxine Marsolini. Addresses the problems faced by divorce and remarriage, with children from the multiple families. Available through most book sources.
- Divorce Care, 800-395-5755, www.churchinitiative.org. Provides resources for addressing problems associated with divorce.
- How to Save Your Marriage Alone - Ed Wheat. Provides hope when only one person wants the marriage to survive. Available through most book sources.
- Retrouvaille, 800-470-2230, www.retrouvaille.org. Provides weekend retreats for couples whose marriages are in trouble but want help to succeed.
- Online substance abuse degree programs, www.bestcolleges.com